is all over the place …. and still on the “old” time. I feel discombobulated. Where did that word originate? (See what I mean?) In order to resume some semblance of normal, I started by cleaning up the kitchen, which I neglected yesterday. If my kitchen isn’t in order, I’m not in order. But, my mind is still bouncing to-and-fro. So, I made a list. I have decided I must knock a few chores/tasks off so I can get back to “The Project.” You know? The room upstairs I was just going to paint?
Let me update you:
- Storage crud all moved out.
- Closet removed.
- Nails pulled.
- Damage from closet removal spackled.
- Carpet pulled.
- Padding pulled.
- Sharp little carpet tack strips cussed, but left in place … so far.
- Walls washed.
- Curiosity tweaked.
- What is under that linoleum?
- Poke and peek.
- Is that old wood under that subfloor???
- Lightbulb moment.
- Pondering that one…
- Walls and ceiling primed …. it took two coats to cover the fluorescent yellow and John Deere green.
- OH! And I found the “thing that looks like a paper plate” to cover the old chimney flue hole in the wall at our Ace Hardware. It works perfectly! Picture to follow.
I didn’t have the camera up there while I was priming. In the meantime, here are some shots of the view from the windows.
Out the south window, I can look down on the new landscaping. Those old pieces of concrete sidewalk have got to go …. Add that to the list.
Happy heard me open the window and yell my “Hello!”
Pumpkin Pie was too sound asleep to care:
Ready, set, go. I have finally drank enough coffee. Let’s get moving. Chop-chop!