14 Baby Berkshires

Today has dawned like a beautiful spring day.  Much, much better than the beginning of the week.  Pig-farmer left for Missouri last night, after checking the pigs.  Once, twice, three times, or more.  I hesitatingly walked to the barn this morning.  I opened the door to the sound of contented grunts from mama Bernice.  I peeked into their pen.  DSC_073714 … alive, cuddled under the heat lamp for warmth.

Some are teeny-tiny.

Berkshire_Piglets DSC_0726

Cute as a button, too.

DSC_0728

Mama got up and ate her food.  That’s good news, too.

I wish someone praised me for eating….

This entry was posted in Berkshire Pigs, Country Living and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to 14 Baby Berkshires

1. cecilia says:

Well, that bodes well for the very little ones, they must be getting something to drink. There must be massive competition! c

2. Beth Ann says:

They are adorable!!! I will definitely praise you for eating! Good job! Way to go!!!! 🙂

3. Linda Burkhart says:

So excited to see everyone is doing well today. Wow! 14 babies! They are so cute!
    Will pig farmer be back for Easter? I also am in favor of eating!

4. dayphoto says:

Good! They all made it through the night! Excellent!!

✿♥ღLinda

5. Jessica Fox says:

Those baby pigs are absolutely adorable!! Surely it’s a good sign everyone made it through the night. You should open a petting zoo, I would love to stop and love on Happy, the goats and admire those piglets!!

6. Dianna says:

Oh, they’re so precious……I don’t think there’s any ugly baby animal……!!

7. debweeks says:

That is a lot of little pigs to take care of. Happy to hear they are all doing well. Hope it continues.

14! That is a lot of mouths to feed. Such cute little porker noses!