I’ve got sunshine …. on a cloudy day.

Not really.

I have puddles.

DSC_0374 DSC_0377 DSC_0379

I have flowers trying to grow in “feels-like 30-something-degrees” weather.

Impatient Impatiens

Impatient Impatiens

Itty bitty baby Alyssum sprouts.

Itty bitty baby Alyssum sprouts.

DSC_0380

I have work waiting.

DSC_0368

I have beauty blooming.

DSC_0370 DSC_0371 DSC_0382 DSC_0383 DSC_0384

I have plenty to do inside.  Sigh.  Better get back to it.

Here’s a little of what I’ve been doing.

Curtain rods fashioned from broken fishing rods.DSC_0363

DSC_0360 DSC_0361

Here’s to making the best of cloudy days!

This blog documents our farm life in central Illinois with photographs, experiences, and a dash of cooking. Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy sharing part of our lives!
This entry was posted in Country Living, Positive Thinking and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to I’ve got sunshine …. on a cloudy day.

1. debweeks says:

It seems as if the major rains have escaped my little town. We’ve had rain, but haven’t had the significant amounts it appears you have had. I am completely over the cooler temperatures though. I some of my tomatoes and peppers out last week when it was so, so warm.

Here’s to warmer and drier weather ahead.

2. dayphoto says:

That stuff has finally left us. Your flowers and plants are way further along than ours!!

♥ღLinda

3. Becky S. says:

LOVE the fishing pole curtain rods! 🙂 I never did get to hanging mine. Need some fish netting.

4. RecyclerSA says:

You have lots of pretty too 🙂 Your floor looks fabulous, did you stain/varnish it or just buff up with wax polish. Well done. Laura

5. Southernruralroute.wordpress.com says:

Looks like you’ve got some fish in those puddles. What’s with the wrinkled curtains? Your iron broke?

6. Rancher Girl says:

Send some rain to Oklahoma! We are thirsty!

Your flowers are so pretty, and the fishing rod is the perfect curtain rod for this room. You’re one resourceful cookie!