Here’s to distractions!

It’s that time of year when I can walk out the door, planning to do the chores and find myself distracted by a multitude of tasks.  Everything is turning green!  We are still so very wet.  Soppy, squishy, soaked.  We need several days of sun in a row.  Abigail smells the grass growing and is wondering when she can get out on the pasture.  Cow

Having grown up on a grain farm …. I know that the farmers are feeling her pain.  Multiplied times 10 or more.

Apr 12 Pig Collage

There is much to appreciate and enjoy!  It really is not hard to find something to be grateful for, every day.

Apr14Magnolia

These kiddos are a major distraction for me:

Apr14KidsWhen cuteness distracts, roll with it!  Maybe don’t leave your chair, though.

This entry was posted in Berkshire Pigs, Boer Goats, Country Living, Polled Herefords, Positive Thinking and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Here’s to distractions!

1. Isn’t it the most wonderful feeling! c

2. Dianna says:

Love your clothesline header….reminds me of my childhood and early married life. Loved hanging clothes on the line! If I had those little kids around, I probably would never get any chores done!

3. Aquila says:

I had (might still have) family members in Shelbyville. It’s been years since I’ve heard from any of them. It would be wonderful to be able to find the farms they had, just to see the old home places.

• How interesting! and such a small world. 🙂 How long has it been since you’ve been to Shelbyville?

• Aquila says:

I’ve never gotten to Shelbyville itself, I’ve gotten to Decatur and Arthur but wasn’t able to extend my trip. Hoping someday in the near future. A cousin is having a reception in a week or so and it’s also sort of a family reunion, unfortunately I can’t go. Oh well, one of these days.

4. That magnolia (??) tree is spectacular!

5. Oh what a lovely post! The first pic is just amazing! Handsome beast … Enjoy your spring 🙂

6. Cindy H says:

Love the pictures of your “distractions”, especially the kids! We always had baby goats and calves growing up in Texas, but not so much anymore. I miss those surprises. Thanks for sharing yours!
    Cindy

7. Bill says:

Your kids are so cute. But so are the pigs. And the cow. 🙂
    It’s really muddy here too and it’s raining again today. I’m wondering if I should grow rice. 🙂

If you stay in the chair, you might find you have lap goats!